Tuesday, May 31, 2011

we have urine, people. we.have.urine.

i must start by saying i do not love when people post on fb or myspace or twitter about their childrens urinating habits and slash or abilities. but this is my blog, and if youre here, youre entering my world :] welcome. its messy and gross and liekly tmi at some points.

i find potty training to be a personal thing, and its often very emotional and difficult for children.

i know that its taken 3 different attempts to realize that my son is completely physically prepared, but not emotionally by any means.

he cries when he is asked to "sit on the potty" even though he can tell us before he has to go.

hes a smart little bug too. i asked if he had to go to the bathroom prior to bathtime. his response "nah, maybe after the baff mahmee."

after the bath i suggested it againa nd you could his heart visibly sink in his face as if to say "ah man, she remembered...crap."


he sat. and within seconds was going to the bathroom. and im talking more than a woman in her third trimester.


i always make a big deal about it to build his confidence and boost pride, and i gave him the obligatory chocolate milk reserved for going potty without too much fuss.


it was me that felt the emotional excitement.

i realized that no matter how i do at work, what kind of day i have, how may sales i make, or if i meet my goals or even exceed, that nothing outside of my home makes me feel as good as seeing my son pee on the toilet.

honestly i hope when he is 16 years old hogging the bathroom as much as his daddy does, that i can walk past the door and smile remembering the days of me sitting on the floor with flash cards and a smile, hair in a sloppy pony tail, playing dinosaurs and dora, the days of giving in and buying the purple and pink dora seat for my son, making potty games, unshowered and unkempt.

its times like this that it occurs to me this isnt a dream, and holy crap...im a mom.



awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment