Sunday, May 29, 2011

Domestic Partnership.

im going to be WAY blunt and im sorry. i may edit this later to be less...harsh?


my love and i have not set a date for our wedding. i dont think we plan to.
i dont want to get married unless all others can. But also, its not fair to me that my love and i cant have a nationwide recognized domestic partnership, in support of those who cant be legally married. why cant straight couples get partnered? treat us all the same, because you know what? relationship preference and sexual orientation makes no one better or worse than the other. however ignorance does.

if i could get a domestic partnership where it would be recognized for healthcare, insurance, taxes and whathaveyou, i would do it. my love is no better because im straight and in a monogamous relationship than someone elses. and i would forego a traditional marriage for a domestic partnership to show my love and support of acceptance.

heres my logic, and i apologize if my words are skewed but im writing in confusion and pain.
Love is beautiful.
another persons love doesnt affect my life.
my love affects my life. my love affects my family.
and i would be torn apart if someone looked at my pure love with him as anythign other than beautiful and tore it apart, or forbade us from happiness and acceptance.

i love you guys and gals, and all that you do and choose.



Love is Love is Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment